Aren't we all just observers?

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I really should have known.

From a kid's bedroom wall, Beijing:

Yes, you're probably right.

--------

I met a mostly toothless grandmother today while doing in-home interviews. And although we sat across the table from each other for an hour without exchanging a single word, I really liked her. I anticipate a long and fruitful friendship.

The kid on the right, with the arguably more unfortunate hair of the two, is her grandson. As you may have guessed, he is not the most athletics-driven kid. He's more interested in pissing his parent's off with his truly objectionable hair and mediocre grades. But, as always, the parent's have the upper hand. Until he gets his grades up, he isn't allowed to have a girlfriend.

Who thought this was a good idea? I want him fined.

God bless bad perms and teenagers.

---------

More camps tomorrow, then to Nanjing for a day. And then finally back to Shanghai Thursday night. I cannot wait.

G'night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shadrock is worried that you're really over there overseeing sweat shops. I assured him you were only interviewing kids at camps. I'm glad you have the pictures to prove it!

Lurv you.