Aren't we all just observers?

Monday, August 14, 2006

Bra shopping and other weekend adventures.

So, Briana challenged me several weeks ago to go bra shopping and to report back on it. I passed a classy-looking lingerie shop on Sunday while out shopping, remembered the challenged and decided to duck in.

I should have known it was going to be an adventure when she grabbed my boob to determine which size bra I wore (I am illiterate and mute in lingerie stores, too), then selected several bras for me to try on and followed me into the dressing room. Mind you, the dressing room was the size of a small coat closet. Yet another sign that this was going to get uncomfortable. I'll spare the embarrassing details (yes, it gets much more embarrassing than this) and just tell you that the whole experience gets filed under "Different". Definitely, definitely different.

Briana, I hope this makes you happy.

And friendly, too!

On this same shopping trip I wandered into a shoe store and happened upon these beauties. (I realize that by posting pictures of gold sequined shoes that I am drifting towards boring the hell out of anyone who is reading this. But, still.) I found these puppies for right around $12 and I couldn't resist. They were on super-sale and only had my size. My giant-ness has finally paid off...in sequins!

-------------

I just got back from work tonight and discovered that neither of my phones were working. (Here at the Regal Beagle, we have phones on BOTH sides of the bed.) So I went to the bathroom (site of the 3rd phone in my 400 square foot room) and called downstairs to alert the authorities. They sent a very lovely engineer to come fix the problem. I have no idea what he did, but he did it swiftly and it did not involve me looking like a total ass for just not properly hanging up the phone (or something else obvious). I tried to get a picture of him, but he ducked out before I could swing it. So here is his back instead:

Try not to be too engrossed in the excitement of this post.
I'm exhausted. I apologize.

----------------

With that, good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for indulging me! :) I was certain it would be quite the adventure for you, as my experiences clothes shopping in general (way back in the day) in Korea were always "different" too. Glad to see you also squeezed in part B with the shoe adventure. Score with the gold sequins - what a steal! XO

Anonymous said...

dotter: did you buy a bra? did it have gold sequins? did the shoe salesperson squezze your foot?

we are home now and in the thick of things -- call me, love you