Aren't we all just observers?

Friday, June 01, 2007

Vast generalizations.

17 year old British girls depress me. Granted, this is after meeting only 6 of them. But still. I need a drink. Or something to restore my faith in humanity. I feel like the whole lot of them need a giant talking to re: the benefits of motivation, self esteem and a lust for life. (Although they seem to have plenty of lust for other things...)

The three I spoke with tonight were the worst. Best quote of the evening: Me: "Tell me about your boyfriend going to prison-- what happened? (concealed eye roll)" Her: "He told me he had to go to prison, but didn't tell me when...I'm not going to wait for him, though. If he calls me when he gets out, I might meet up with him, but if I find someone else in the meantime, I'll take him. (giggle, giggle)"

Painful. I didn't get the goods on why he went to prison, but it turns out he has to stay there for 2 or 3 years. Did I mention this girl's idol is Paris Hilton? Help!

The moral of this story is this: Parents: Beware. Make sure you're kid really loves something good for them, or else it's bad news bears. No passion = bad passion. It's going to be my new bumper sticker. Really depressing. But all is not lost, as the older girls have been great. Very fun and interesting.

Tomorrow is museum day. I hope to hit the Tate Modern and one or two others. Sunday it's off to Barcelona. Any recos?

And because every post deserves a photo, here's a little bit of vertigo for you:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

British: Fawlty Towers
Fawlty Towers: "Barthelona"
Reco: Dancing on the Blvd. with a sexy Spaniard. Buy a pair of Tango dancing shoes..........